It hit me this morning that September has started (I know – I’m a day late – getting older sucks), and that means a look at August is in order.

This was my first full month back in the saddle, and it went well, all things considered. Because of travel (and a few confidence issues) I took a zero in the first week – no miles until August 8th.  Even still, I got out there 16 times – so once every other day on average – for a total of 47.88 miles and an average distance of almost exactly 3 miles.  Not too shabby for being so early on.  I took a look – in my first real month at it the last time I got serious about running I went out 16 times for only 37 miles – so I’m ahead of the curve.

The mileage doesn’t matter nearly as much as the frequency, though.  The trick is to get out and do it – that’s 90% of the thing for me right now, and the other 10% is to not collapse when I get back inside.  My 5K is a month from tomorrow, and I’ll be ready for it.  Another positive – this was August in Central Florida.  The weather can only improve from here, which always helps.

On a different note – I entered August at roughly 320 pounds, and left it at roughly 312.  So I lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks, which is an average that’ll get me places.  Every pound I drop makes me feel better, makes the clothes fit better, makes the runs go smoother, etc., and ad nauseum.

This morning was run #1 in September – I struggled to get out of bed, but I did it, and I’m really looking forward to my September month review.

No excuses.

Author: woodymw

I live my life in a constant state of hunger...

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: